The very last stretch before the update sees a full release! We’ve been hard at work bug fixing, polishing and implementing various additions based on community feedback. Come check out our latest BETA release featuring player-built defences.
What To Expect? A Brief Rundown
Here’s a list of some of the changes and additions that we have undergone during this update. The sooner we get the testing done, the faster our update release schedule goes so please do join us in the BETA!
- Server administrators can now configure limitations per buildable object as well as the starting material points. Take a look at out our Wiki for more information on how to make use of these new additions.
- Solved an issue which caused players to get stuck on map load.
- Explosions caused by explosive barrels are no longer able to kill teammates.
- Solved an issue with UI remaining on screen after another player opts to replenish ammo from a spawn-able firearm ammo box.
- Increased the palisade’s health points so they take longer to destroy.
- Solved an issue with incorrect sandbag placement when positioned on earthworks.
- Sappers can make use of the larger deconstruction hammer to damage enemy defences.
- Solved an issue with explosions occurring on an incorrect position when an explosive barrel does its deed.
- Solved an issue where two players could carry and ignite a barrel at the same time causing an exception to occur.
- Players now gather score when killing enemy players with an explosive barrel.
- Players can now press the ‘F’ key to quickly access the mode selector. This allows the Sapper to switch between constructing, deconstructing, digging and un-digging.
- Solved multiple issues with the destruction of buildable objects.
- Solved multiple issues that occurred when repairing destroyed artillery pieces.
- Solved multiple issues with buildable chairs. Just make sure you have a Sapper about and you’ll finally be able to gather a good rest as mayhem ensues.
- Solved an issue that occurred when players collided with the palisade.
- Redesigned the palisade model so players can better distinguish the position the platform attaches to.
- Introduced multiple audio and particle effects to compliment the new player-built defences mechanic.
- Carriable swivel guns are no longer able to fire round shot.
- Improved the effectiveness of the smaller variation of the grapeshot. This was done by increasing its effective range and shots it fires.
- Training dummies now provide feedback when shot at. They can also be spawned using the spawn override commands.
- Reduced the health points of all coastal cannons. If you manage to land a single shot, the cannon will be no more.
- Reduced the coastal cannon’s range and projectile travel velocity.
- Increased the time it takes to reload coastal cannons by 2 seconds.
- Solved an issue with a red-line showing underneath the water in naval scenarios.
- Solved an issue which caused swivel guns present on all coastal scenarios to be indestructible.
- Reduced the health points of Fort Imperial’s walls.
Participate In The BETA!
Would you like to have a go at what’s to come? Join us in the BETA! Hop in on our Community Discord to do so. You'll find all the details in the #announcements channel. It’s a great chance for you to provide us with feedback before the update sees a full release and help us make sure that everything is working as intended while you’re at it.
Everything present in this BETA is still a work in progress and bugs are to be expected.
Once again, thank you for your support and until next time, may good health be yours.
We're working on the next update.
Discuss this blog post here.
Once again thank you for all of your support from all of us on the Holdfast: NaW team,
- Refleax, Rycon, Dreas, Wrexial, PingPong, Walki, Cameron & Rejenorst
Anvil Game Studios