Sound the drums of competitive fervour as the latest update sees a release! Better your standing in the class-based leaderboards and rise through the ranks as you gather battlefield experience. You’ll be awarded medals for your honourable feats and achievements to distinguish yourself from the rest.
Come decorate yourself with Steam achievements! There are 50 of them to unlock in this release. Have a read of our blog post for all the details.
Leaderboards. Better Your Standing
Excitement and revel as those good folks in the rank and file, artilleryman, skirmishers, crewman, those playing a support role as well as the ones in high-command strive to better their standing in the newly introduced class-based leaderboards.
Particularly good at playing your preferred class? We’ll surely be seeing your rise to the top! Score you’ve accumulated after the round ends whilst playing with one of the many classes that make up for Holdfast: NaW’s selection will be put towards bettering your standing in the leaderboards. You’ll also have a few medals to show for it.
Leaderboard medals are awarded based on a particular bracket you fall under. As you reach your way to the top 500, you’ll gather your first bronze medal followed by a silver medal once you make it to the top 100 and eventually the prestigious gold medal should your standing reach its way to the top 25. Amongst those distinguished few that made their way to the top 3? You’ll similarly be rewarded with a unique decorative medal specific to your standing.
Show-off your honourable feats to those good men standing shoulder to shoulder. These medals will be displayed right next to your name whilst playing the game.
Bronze Medal - Standing +500
Silver Medal - Standing +100
Gold Medal - Standing + 25
Top Tier - Standing 3rd Place
Top Tier - Standing 2nd Place
Top Tier - Standing 1st Place
Soldier Rank. Battlefield Experience
Soldier your way through the field of battle and rise through the ranks! You’ll gather experience based on how well you did during a match. Start by picking one of the many classes to join the fray and advance through all 50 ranks.
Staying true to Holdfast’s core design, you will find no unlockable firearms or melee weapons that otherwise provide an advantage over other players locked behind the soldier ranking mechanic.
Soldier Rank. Medals
Bronze Medals - Soldier Rank 5, 10 & 15
Silver Medals - Soldier Rank 20, 25 & 30
Gold Medals - Soldier Rank 35, 40 & 50
Scoring. Game Balance
Player scoring has undergone balance changes. Musicians and flag bearers will see an increase in score they gather by playing a supportive role indicative of their class, infantry officers gather more score while issuing orders to the rank and file and a variety of other related additions.
Steam Achievements. Decorate
Up for hunting a few Steam achievements? There are 50 ones to unlock all of which vary in difficulty. Humourful references to community ongoings, legendary works of art and more. Take a look at all the achievements you can gather below.
What’s Next? A Subtle Hint
Rest assured that the team is hard at work developing more game-play focused updates. In the next major update, Holdfast will see the introduction of one of the most community-requested features. I’m pretty sure you can guess what’s next in line from our rather subtle hint below.
It’s been months of hard work but it is nearing ever closer. You may also be seeing a new map being introduced leading to the release of the next major update.
Community. Join The Discord!
Looking for a good bunch of fellows to play the game with? Do join our Discord! Linebattle events where players are encouraged to play in formations relevant to the Napoleonic era are hosted by the community through the week. Discord is also a great place to be to stay in touch with the game’s development. Feedback is always greatly welcomed.
If you’re a fellow in the ranks of a regiment, go declare your enlistment. Through this, you can gather access to the ‘Field Camp’ where regimental specific discussion ensues. We look forward to seeing you there!
Here’s the full changelog for all the bug fixes and additions we have undergone in this update.
Changelog 38 - Game Version 0.35.7196.27294
- Leaderboards. Better Your Standing. Good folks in the rank and file, artilleryman, skirmishers, crewman, those playing a support role as well as the ones in high-command strive to better their standing in the newly introduced class-based leaderboards.
» You can view the leaderboards by clicking the button present on the main menu or by pressing the ‘Esc’ key during a match.
» Expand the leaderboard to show the top 100 fellows by pressing the arrow button next to each class.
» Class-based leaderboards are respectively split into 'Class' and 'Melee Arena'. You will only be able to better your standing in the 'Melee Arena' leaderboard by playing on the respective servers.
» You require a minimum of 10 players on the Army Front servers for your score to contribute towards bettering your leaderboard standing or soldier rank advancement. Naval Warfront servers only require 6.
- Leaderboards. Medals. Leaderboard medals are awarded based on a particular bracket you fall under. Show-off your honourable feats to those good men standing shoulder to shoulder. These medals will be displayed right next to your name whilst playing the game.
- Soldier Rank. Battlefield Experience. Soldier your way through the field of battle and rise through the ranks! You’ll gather experience based on how well you did during a match. Start by picking one of the many classes to join the fray and advance through all 50 ranks.
» You can view the ranks of your soldiers through the leaderboards.
- Soldier Rank. Medals. There’s a total of 9 medals you can gather through soldiering. Similarly, these will also be displayed next to your name while playing. It’ll certainly be quite the sight to see those good fellows well decorated.
- Scoring. Game Balance. Player scoring has undergone balance changes. Musicians and flag bearers will see an increase in score they gather by playing a supportive role indicative of their class and more.
- Steam Achievements. Decorate. Up for hunting a few Steam achievements? There are 50 ones to unlock all of which vary in difficulty. Humourful references to community ongoings, legendary works of art and more. Take a look at all the achievements you can gather below.
» Holdfast NaW - Steam Achievements
- Solved an issue which caused players to be pushed back when jumping aboard a moving ship.
- Solved an issue which caused players to get stuck ramming or loading a cannon.
- Solved an issue which prevented players from opening the spawn menu user interface when a ship was sunk by the enemy faction.
- Solved an issue which allowed infantry officers to stack ‘fire at will’ and ‘fire’ firearm accuracy bonuses.
- Solved an issue which caused special characters from various localised languages on enemy player name plates to show.
- Experimental fix towards an issue which causes interaction icons indicators to stretch throughout the map.
- Solved an issue which broke subsequent Army Battlefield and Army Assault map rotations if a greater or lesser number of spawn points where present and using spawn overrides.
- Solved an issue which allowed server administrators to slay a player which was already dead.
- Solved an issue which caused other players to disappear when looking at a specific area on Fort Salettes.
- Solved an issue with invisible rock models on Snowy Plains 2 (L).
- Solved an issue with invisible gabions on King George.
- Solved an issue with invisible rocks on Fort Winston.
- Solved an issue with one of the pillar models missing a face on Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue where the background appeared to be cut-off on Desert Plains 1.
- Solved an issue with the church door override props always spawning sideways.
- Solved an issue with the door1 props always spawning sideways.
- Solved an issue which allowed gates on Fort Salettes to be openable while playing as the attackers on the Army Siege game mode.
- Solved an issue which allowed gates on Southsea Castle to be openable while playing as the attackers on the Army Siege game mode.
- Solved an issue with floating barrel props on Palisade Arena.
- Pianos are no longer destructible.
- Hiding behind partially built Chaevaux De Frise (L) will no longer make you impervious to shots from firearms.
- Reduced the number on infantry spawns on Fort Salettes gatehouse while the Army Siege game mode is playing.
- Several maps have received amendments to prevent players from capturing points from obscure locations on the Army Siege and Army Conquest game modes.
» Fort Christina - Fort Flag = You can only capture this flag from the top of the blockhouse.
» Fort Salettes - Gatehouse = You can only capture this flag from ground level.
» Fort Salettes - Cellar = You can only capture this flag from the cellar itself.
» Fort Salettes - Tower = You can only capture this flag from the first floor upwards.
» Fort Schwarz - Fort Flag = You can only capture this flag while atop the tower.
» Balamor Bay - Tower Flag = You can only capture this flag from atop the fortification’s base.
» Fort Imperial - Fort Flag = You can only capture this flag while standing at the very top of the fort.
» Martello Tower - Tower Flag = You can only capture this flag from inside the tower.
» Martello Tower - Shipwreck = You can no longer capture this flag without going ashore.
» South Sea Castle - Fort Flag = You can only capture this flag from the first floor upwards.
» Fort Winston - Fort Flag = You can no longer capture this flag from atop the walls.
- Increased the number of Infantry Officers playable on the Melee Arena game mode.
- Blocked a few pathways on the walls present on Fort Arena to prevent players from running around in circles unnecessarily delaying the round.
- Players can no longer enter inside the towers present on Watchtower Arena.
- You will now find the kill streak announcer present on the Army Deathmatch game mode.
- Several amendments to the top bar user interface while playing the Army Deathmatch game mode.
» It now shows neutral flags instead of faction-based ones.
» Flag to the left now tracks the kills you’ve gathered.
» Flag to the right now tracks the player that has gathered the most kills while excluding yourself from the equation.
- Removed obsolete centre screen text from showing during the end of round screen while playing on the Army Deathmatch game mode.
- Changed the winning condition of the Melee Arena game mode so it enables teams to make a comeback. Victory is now determined based on the team which first reaches a set number of rounds.
- Several amendments to the top bar user interface while playing the Melee Arena game mode.
» It now correctly tracks the winning team.
» It now correctly represents the maximum number of rounds.
- Solved an issue with the match duration being displayed incorrectly in the end of match screen while playing the Melee Arena game mode.
- Solved an instance where the maximum player respawns parameter would break the Melee Arena game mode.
- Solved an instance in which the round start countdown timer would flash shortly after the round reset in the Melee Arena game mode.
- Solved an instance in which the wave spawn timer would be displayed whilst spawning in the Melee Arena game mode.
- Prevented double kills from occurring inside spawn locations for fresh spawns in the Melee Arena game mode.
- The battle timer is now visible for spectators in the Melee Arena game mode.
- The end of round score now displays for longer in the Melee Arena game mode.
- Removed the respawn timer displayed in the death screen whilst playing the Melee Arena game mode as it served no purpose.
- Solved a rare occurrence which caused the Army Assault game mode to end early.
- Disabled the wave spawn timer on the army Assault game mode. Players should spawn in instantly.
- Slays from Administrators and player suicides now correctly count towards the enemy team in the Army Assault game mode. This sometimes resulted in the top bar displaying incorrect information.
- In the Naval Assault game mode, the out of time winning condition was changed to count the number of ships sunk instead of the ships that remain alive.
- Implemented a command that copies the position and rotation of the player automatically to the clipboard. You will no longer have to get position then rotation and typing everything over manually to the server configuration file to place object overrides.
» Make use of the following command: get details
- Players can now spawn green and blue screens through overrides.
- You can now make use of more spawnable objects during your map editing endeavours.
Changelog 39 (Hotfix 1) - Game Version 0.35.7196.286
- Solved an issue when the round resulted in a draw which could halt the server.
- Client-side optimisations to reduce framerate spikes. We'll be working more on this.
Changelog 40 (Hotfix 2) - Game Version 0.35.7197.2161
- Solved an issue which resulted in players being unable to spawn or join the round.
- Pushed more client-side optimisations towards instances where players experienced a sudden drop in framerate.
One again we thank you for your support and until next time, may good health be yours.
We’re working on the next update.
Discuss this blog post here.
Once again thank you for all of your support from all of us on the Holdfast: NaW team,
- Refleax, Rycon, Dreas, Wrexial, PingPong, Walki, Cameron & Rejenorst
Anvil Game Studios